ADSM-L

Domino on AIX and TSM & TDP-- any experiences?

2000-11-27 12:26:48
Subject: Domino on AIX and TSM & TDP-- any experiences?
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:41:37 -0600
Hello all, and welcome back to work !!

I have been asked to come up with some numbers on my end for a proposal to run
Domino on AIX.  The Notes admins are expecting approx 470G  (207G e-mail + 250G
Notes apps) of data on one SP node.

Without chunking the numbers, I would think that (even across the SP switch)
270G of ever changing notes data would take most of the backup up window.
Currently, we use the ADSM Connect Agent for Notes 4.6 for nightly incrementals
against the notes databases, and do a weekly b/a client incremental on the *.nsf
files.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to share their experiences-- e.g,
how's the setup and configuation of the b/a client (painful, not painful) and
the TDP API, how does TDP work (well, not well), do you go straight to tape, use
a backup stgp or archive stgp, collocated tape pools, etc.

thanks!!
lisa