ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SAP in a HA environment

2000-11-25 16:10:19
Subject: Re: TDP for SAP in a HA environment
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:06:55 -0500
Geoff,
Yes... u r correct, u will need to configure 3 nodenames/clients (2 for the
cpu's and one for the SAP/data).
All depends how the cluster is configured... like: what filesystems are failing
over... and also how SAP is installed, you always have to "follow yr data".
Probably also you will need a couple different TSM Server quotas (for the same
server)  to cover yr client security stuff when the cluster has been failed
over.
Tivoli, as you probably already know doesn't support this type of endeavours,
but I have installed more than 5 diff environments and they all work fine. It
takes a couple scripts to stop and restart your schedulers, move the the
TDP/configuration around, and of-cource it takes a couple real-time
tests/failovers to get it adjusted.

Good luck.

Othonas