ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC - disadvantages only?

2015-10-04 17:26:33
Subject: Re: DIRMC - disadvantages only?
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
And this goes along with my understanding which is that DIRMC was
invented solely for the purpose of segregating Novell backups since the
programmer on that client 'for some reason' didn't use the TSM (then
ADSM) database to store the directory structure but put it in the same
location as the file contents.  DIRMC therefore is a performance
optimization for Novell clients and (per my understanding) only works
for Novell clients.

Steffan