ADSM-L

Re: I/O Station

2000-11-22 07:45:07
Subject: Re: I/O Station
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:40:57 -0500
Saad,
The optional Convenience Input/Output Station feature is available for
inserting or ejecting cartridges without interrupting the normal automated
operations.
You have three options:
1) No Convenience Input/Output Station
2) A 10-cartridge Convenience Input/Output Station feature (reduces the overall
library cartridge capacity by 30 cartridges).
3) A 30-cartridge Convenience Input/Output Station feature (reduces the overall
library cartridge capacity by 80 cartridges).

The best manual for yr case is the following:
Title: Magstar 3494 Tape Library Introduction and Planning Guide
Document Number: GA32-0279-11

My recommendation is:
If you have off-site and DR requirements functions in a daily basis then you
need at least the 10-cartridge I/O Station. The 3494 library can grow really
big... I don't know yr installation but if you have a large 3494 installation
with frequent tape I/Os then you should consider the 30-cartridge I/O Station.

Good Luck.

Othonas