ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and DB2

2000-11-21 12:24:03
Subject: Re: ADSM and DB2
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:22:17 -0500
I'm checking out two redbooks I found mentioned in the archives and have some
rookie (DB2) confusion.

"Using ADSM to Back up Databases" refers to DB2/2 and DB2/6000. One is
obviously for the RS6000 platform, the other makes reference to Intel
platforms but refers to OS/2 commands. (I did find a matrix that references
NT and OS/2 for DB2/2 v2). Should I be looking elsewhere for UDB on NT? Or
should I be asking if Universal DB2 and DB2/2 are different beasts?

The redbook "Managing VLDB using DB2 UDB EEE" seems specific to AIX.

Thanks for any guidance.

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman