ADSM-L

TSM network broadcast problems

2000-11-20 11:16:06
Subject: TSM network broadcast problems
From: Fritz Mesumbe <mesumbef AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:15:41 -0800
Hi all,

My new 3466 system with a 3494 library was installed a
couple of months ago.  The server is ver. 3 rel, level
2.0 and the clients are ver 3, rel 7, level 2.0.1.
Things are working fine but for a few problems that I
need a little assistance with.  Our network is made up
of mainly NT 4.0 servers, a few UNIX boxes and some
DEC VMS mainframes on a 10 MB/sec backbone.  This
backbone was upgraded last week with a Cisco 4006
Switch.

Problem:

1. The network gets flooded when I run even a singe
backup, and this generates Decnet errors on the VMS
systems. The problem has partially been corrected with
the installation of the switch but I am still
experiencing some network broadcasts especially when
Exchange clients are running.  I am running Exchange
server 5.5 and TSM agent ver 1.1.1.0.

2. This problem does not occur with all nodes.  I have
checked the network configuration of the NT servers
and they are fine.

I have been able to correct the problem with some
clients by uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any assistance with this problem will be highly
appreciated.

Fritz Mesumbe