ADSM-L

Re: NIC Question

2000-11-20 08:56:41
Subject: Re: NIC Question
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 08:52:47 -0500
Terry,

 I believe that there is a client option that can control this for you the
option is TCPCLIENTADDRESS. You can only use this option if you are running
in PROMPTED mode.

 Hope this helps.

 Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
Phoenix Home Life Mutual Ins.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian_Nick AT PHL DOT COM
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                    "Barth, Terry (MBS)"
                    <Terry.Barth@MORTGAGEF        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    AMILY.COM>                    cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:     NIC Question
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    11/20/2000 08:47 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hello All -

I have a sun solaris ADSM server that has 3 NIC cards. We would like to
utilize all 3 NIC cards for backups and restores, independently.  We set up
the cards according to SUN and everything seems fine on that end. However,
when a backup starts off, it sends all data through the first NIC card and
then when it receives data, it spans through all 3 cards. Our switch
recognizes all 3 cards, but as soon as a backup begins on one of the other
NICS - say for instance, 48.22, the MAC disappears and the switch no longer
recognizes the card.  We feel that there is something on the ADSM server
side that we need to set up so that if we tell a client to do a backup and
designate that the server has an IP address of xx.xx.48.22, that all
communications will go through this NIC card and not touch the others.

xx.xx.48.20
xx.xx.48.21
xx.xx.48.22

My question is, what is it that I need to set up on the ADSM server side,
so
that it uses each NIC card independently.

I have placed the IP address in the opt file on the client end. Is there
something that I need to do on the server end?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry