ADSM-L

Re: Reuse off old dbb volumes

2000-11-20 07:58:00
Subject: Re: Reuse off old dbb volumes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:54:10 -0500
>I have a TSM server, where I make a dbbackup every day, and delete old
>dbbackup volumes after 3 days, but how can I find the old (just deleted )
>dbbackup volume name, so I can retrieve it from vault ??
>It is not in volhis list any more, the act log don't say what volumes have
>been deleted from the volhis list, and even when I know the volume name, it
>is not possible to query the volume because it is not in any storagepool.

Bent - It would certainly be convenient if the volsers of the deleted db
       backup volumes were recorded in the Activity Log.  Two ways to get
around their absence:

1. Have an operating system job capture the volsers of the BACKUPFULL,
   BACKUPINCR volumes contained in the volume history backup file (named
   in the server VOLUMEHistory option) before and after the db backup,
   then compare.
2. Do 'Query ACtlog BEGINDate=-N MSGno=1361' to pick up the historical volsers
   of the db backup volumes at backup completion to check against those no
   longer in the volume history.

 Richard Sims, BU