ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent Scheduler

2000-11-20 07:27:41
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent Scheduler
From: Michel Engels <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:34:50 +0100
Sorry, but why do you need an extra additional scheduler. When you work on an NT
box you can execute the backups via a small script (DOS) this can be scheduled
through the server via a command schedule where you specify the complete name
(path + file) of the script (*.bat or *.cmd) in the objects field of the
schedule. In this script you specify the databases to backup for Exchange and if
you want a full or incremental backup. A second thing you have to create is a
little scripts that will delete old backup files with the ifolder parameter. The
traditional backups of the server you can keep running via the same "Client
schedule" service.

Hope this helps you,

Michel

"Mayo, Bill" <bemayo AT CO.PITT.NC DOT US> on 11/18/2000 12:04:56 AM