ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Data Protection

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: Re: Tivoli Data Protection
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Joshua,

A few key things:

One is that TDP for Domino is for R5.
TDP for Lotus Notes is for R4. So, there really
isn't a "choice" of which one to use.

Two, with TDP for Domino, the "database" level backup
allows "online" backups which means you do not
have to take your server down to do a backup.
How are you doing your database level backups?
If you are not bringing down your Domino server and you are
doing B/A client backups, you run the risk of
backing up those NSF files while in an inconsistent state.
That is why, in Domino R5, Lotus provided an API for doing
online backups.

Three, under R5 and TDP for Domino, using transaction logging
on your Domino R5 server along with archiving of the
transaction logging from TDP for Domino you are only
backing up the "changes" to your databases.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler