ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.4.0 Servers Are Out

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.4.0 Servers Are Out
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We've been running 3.7.4 on Solaris for about a month without noticeable
problems;  so, we upgraded an AIX box from 3.7.3 to it this past Tuesday,,,
all is going well, so I am now preparing to do it on Win2k server.  We need
the fixes for expiration and server crashes we were getting on 3.7.3.

I wonder if things went awry because he tried to start the server without
doing upgradedb at the outset!?!  (Sometimes they forget to test the obvious
human-error scenarios.)  To confirm that, just restore back to the original
level, re-run smitty to redo the upgrade, but remember to do the upgradedb
1st thing after install.

Don France

Technical Architect - Unix Engineering/P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:dfrance AT pacbell DOT net
PACE - http://www.pacepros.com