ADSM-L

Re: Include dsmadmc command in a Korn Script

2000-11-16 18:18:14
Subject: Re: Include dsmadmc command in a Korn Script
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:02:19 -0500
On rather simple way is to have an AIX file that is only readable by root that
has these 2 variables in it such as:
ID=test
PASS=secret

Your scripts that do work then read this file to get these variables.
It depends on how SECURE you need to be, this would be ok for general
situations.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> rrobert AT COXNET DOT ORG 11/16/00 05:57PM >>>
All:
I'm new to the listserv, and ADSM, but not AIX.
Question: how do I include a dsmadmc command (a select query) in one of my
Korn shell scripts without advertising a name & password by including it in
the script, i.e., "dsmadmc -id=xxxxxx -pa=xxxxxx select ...."?
Thanks!
Ruth Robertson
rrobert AT coxnet DOT org