ADSM-L

Re: TSM integration with TEC

2000-11-14 17:55:36
Subject: Re: TSM integration with TEC
From: Glen Smith <tsm-l AT ENGINEER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:55:05 -0500
Gerardo,

Only specify tecport in any of the following cases:
the TEC server is an NT / Windows machine
(or) the TEC server is NOT running the portmapper daemon
(or) you're sending messages across a firewall; have opened that speficic port;
*AND* you've configured the TEC server to receive on that port (which forces
all TEC agents to message on that port number).

If you don't need it, comment out the TECport option.  If you need tecport,
port 5529 is the default that TEC listens on if you haven't configured it
otherwise (and aren't running portmapper).

Glen Smith

--------- Gerardo Zapata wrote -----------------
I'm trying to set TSM integration with TEC. I have added the following lines in
the dsmserv.opt:
I'm trying to set TSM integration with TEC. I have added the following lines in
the dsmserv.opt:
techost 9.9.9.1
tecport 1555
tecbegineventlogging yes
When I restart the TSM server I get the following error message:
ANR8214E Session open with 9.9.9.1 failed due to connection refusal.
ANR8683E Unable to connect to the Tivoli event server at 9.9.9.1 on port 1555.
ANR2822I  Event logging ended for the TIVOLI receiver.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Regards

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com