ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Server Freeze after backup

2015-10-04 17:26:32
Subject: Re: Exchange Server Freeze after backup
From: Del Hoobler [mailto:hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Eric,

I have not seen this problem. TDP for Exchange is making
standard API calls that should not freeze the Exchange server.
It could be possible that your server is running out
of RPC resources. Check the Event Log for anything unusual.
I would get Microsoft involved to find out why the server
is frozen.

On a side note...I HIGHLY recommend that
you be running with 1.1.1.01 of Tivoli Data Protection
for Microsoft Exchange (the latest and renamed version of
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange).  It contains
a fix having to do with transaction log backup on
a very busy server. All customers should be running
with version 1.1.1.01.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler