ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7.3.0 database backup and recovery

2000-11-13 12:18:20
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7.3.0 database backup and recovery
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:44:47 -0600
This is a problem with other platforms.  I just had a 34 hour outage
from this.  Level 3.7.4 supposedly fixes it, and allows the tape to be
read as long as you do not use the GENERICTAPE driver.  Actually, they
said they thought that was fixed also, but I was using the Gresham
Utilities ATDD driver, and it still did not work with the GENERICTAPE
driver.  The IBM'er admitted that they had not tested the fix with ATDD.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html