ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:26:32
> I have quite a few ADSM/BACKINT questions:
>
> Situation:  First off, I have no experience with ADSM.  That said, we a=
re
> recovering an SAP R/3 40B/Oracle system.  Our backup system is ADSM.  I
have
> the ADSM database Tape and the SAP Offline backup Tapes.  I installed A=
DSM
> and, with the help of many, configured it to the point where I was able=
> import the ADSM database and recognize the tapes, configure the manual
> libraries and such.
>
> All these *.opt files are very confusing.  Don't know which ones go to
what.
> There seems to be some *.opt file in every adsm/backint directory.  I'm
used
> to SAP's BRBACKUP and am fully knowledgeable of its use.  The Backint a=
nd
> ADSM issues have me at a standstill.  I'm trying to get this system
restored
> ASAP

> Questions:
>
> What ADSM components need to be setup if the SAP system, the ADSM serve=
and
> Client are all the same machine? (no system will be backed up at all)

You need client code - especialy API portion - TDP for R3 uses API.

> How can I test that the ADSM server and Client are completely setup?
(aside
> from BACKINT and SAP's connectivity)

You need configure DSM.OPT file for client and then you can try
dsmc
it will ask some input and show some info about server.

DSM.OPT need min. for local server

serveraddress 127.0.0.1
tcpport 1500

and set environment variables for API

DSMI_CONFIG point to DSM.OPT file you will use for API client ( TDP for R=
3 )
DSMI_DIR  point to directory with DSMAMENG.TXT
DSMI_LOG point to directory where you prefer log

tsm32.dll + blkhook.dll must be in library on path

> After ADSM is correctly configured, how can I test that the BACKINT pie=
ce
is
> completely setup?

You have to install it and modify initSID.utl
Configure initSID.sap  - backup_type   util_file/util_file_online .... .

> After BACKINT, how can I test that the SAP backup software can connect =
> BACKINT and at least show me the header on the tape in sapdba?

try to start BACKFM.exe - this will show you backup already in TSM.

> Being that I am not backing up anything, do I even need to be setup as =
> client at all?

Yes - you need it for restore.

> I'm only going to be using ADSM to restore this system.  Do I even need
the
> scheduler running at all?

No.

> If my production ADSM server is one machine and I am restoring the ADSM
> database to another ADSM server and restoring the SAP database from the=
re,
> what additional configuration changes are necessary to facilitate this.

Dont do any changes - but I recommend to do this on separate LAN segment.
Check server address in DSM.OPT file.

> What is the nodename?  Is it the host name of the production ADSM Serve=
> machine?  If the original ADSM server is different what is the nodename=
?
> Where does the setting go?  And now that I'm combining the ADSM server,
and
> the SAP server what setting changes are there?  Is the nodename the sam=
> name in all these *.opt and *.utl files?

Nodename defines client to TSM server , if you restored ADSM database all
information
about nodes is in it.