ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SAP R/3 with MS/SQL database

2000-11-13 10:21:48
Subject: Re: TDP for SAP R/3 with MS/SQL database
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:18:53 -0500
John,

No, there's no TDP R/3 support for MS/SQL databases.
The solution is to use TDP for SQL. TDP R/3 currently has
support for Oracle and DB2 only.

Thanks.

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com
---------------------- Forwarded by Del Hoobler/Endicott/IBM on 11/10/2000
04:02 PM ---------------------------
04:02 PM ---------------------------

"Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 11/10/2000
03:51:26 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject:  TDP for SAP R/3 with MS/SQL database

Greetings,
  Which TDP product would be required for an SAP R/3 application on
WindowsNT with Microsoft SQL database?  As I understand it, the TDP for SAP
R/3 uses the Oracle RMAN interface. Will this, or will this not, work with
MS/SQL database? Is there something I am missing?

TIA,
John G. Talafous      IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company    Phone: (330)-471-3390
P.O. Box 6927         Fax  : (330)-471-4034
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927
talafous AT timken DOT com                  http://www.timken.com/