ADSM-L

Re: RV: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software

2000-11-10 09:01:31
Subject: Re: RV: Re: Client ver 3.7.2 - no SA software
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:57:25 -0500
Nope. That is not it.  We do not use proxy servers. I do not go through DNS
processing, since the address isn't published.

The OS390 system is in the next room, so the distance/connection is not an
issue.

What I do see in the ADSM log is the constant - SESSION STARTED - SESSION
ENDED -  SESSION STARTED - SESSION ENDED - etc for everything done through
the WWW interface (WAD I believe). This adds considerable overhead !!

Even discounting the slowness, it is still not as usable as the GUI
interface (IMHO, of course) !!

                    Maria Paz
                    Gimeno               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <mpgimeno@IBE        cc:
                    RCOM.ES>             Subject:     RV: Re: Client ver 3.7.2
- no SA software
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    11/10/00
                    06:42 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

The problem with speed in the admin web interface could be related to your
proxy,
if you have one.
We have a similar problem in a customer, the administrative web interface
was very slow,
and when we removed for the TSM server address to go thought the proxy,
the response time was much much faster.
It is just one idea
Regards
Maria