ADSM-L

Re: DB restore

2000-11-07 18:26:09
Subject: Re: DB restore
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:26:08 -0500
> >volumes may have different information than what the DB thinks.
>
> You should be fine if your stgpool REUsedelay is reasonable and hasn't
> been subverted by manual volume deletion and subsequent re-use of those
> volumes.  There isn't a lot of visual checking you can do, given that
> the TSM db holds the majority of stats on volume usage.  If you have
> an image of your volumehistory.backup file from shortly before the
> restoral time, that would be one thing to eyeball.  Other than that you
> can do spot restorals/retrievals and see if any anomalies.

     Since you also ran migration, your disk storage pool may be
out-of-sync with the DB, and may require auditing.  If cacheing is
enabled, and no backups ran, then you are probably OK, as the data is
still there.  If caching is not on, then the disk pool was cleared at
migration time, and that data may be lost.  If this is the case, I would
audit the disk pool volumes with fix=yes.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)