ADSM-L

log file not emptying

2000-11-07 10:59:46
Subject: log file not emptying
From: "Davidson, Becky" <DAVIDSBX AT EGR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:03:46 -0600
aix 4.3.3
adsm server 3.1.2.40

I have now had this happen twice.  I have set up rollforward mode and the
database backup is supposed to kick off at about 50% and it does with a
success message but then the next line is ANR4556W saying the database
backup operation did not free sufficient recovery log space to lower
utilization.  If I am watching the server or I catch the message I can
either shut down the server or increase the log file space but if I am not
the server crashes.  When I bring it back up it doesn't need extended log
space or anything and all is fine.  This is becoming serious problem.  Any
thoughts on why this happening and ideas on how to avoid it.

thanks in advance
Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator
EDS/Earthgrains