ADSM-L

Re: Server-to-server COPYPOOL, anyone?

2000-11-06 16:44:02
Subject: Re: Server-to-server COPYPOOL, anyone?
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:43:27 -0500
Tried this - worked not so good in one case and just fine in a second case,
but eventually I gave up doing this.

 Gave it up because one server was on a network so bandwidth limited it
raised havoc.

 Gave it up on the second server because they finally bought enough tapes to
do it locally.

 As far as virtual volumes went, I used the default until that got to
irritating to do a "q volume" on, then I picked a number closer to the media
size (10Gb).  Media consumption at the second site seemed to be what I would
expect for a copypool (I expect my copy pools to more or less equal the size
of the primary pools they are backing up).

 The bandwidth of your network and the amount of change in your primary
pools should be your determining factors...

Jim