ADSM-L

Re: DRM-Is there an easy way to learn DRM?

2000-11-06 16:15:05
Subject: Re: DRM-Is there an easy way to learn DRM?
From: Kenneth & Susan Bury <kbury AT CAROLINA.RR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:14:04 -0500
Is there an easy way to learn DRM? Yes, try it. If you can understand the
state graph of all the DRM states and understand that the 'move drm' command
changes the states all except for one (take home, open book question) then
you are half way there. The other half is actually implementing a procedure
that maps to the different states.  Example, when the courier comes and
picks up the tapes that have come out of the 3494, issue a move drm command
to change the tapes to a courier state. It takes some thinking and
experimenting but the great part is that the normal operation of the TSM
system doesn't really care about DRM. So if you miss a few shifts you're not
going to blow the engine.

Ken