ADSM-L

Re: AW: ORMSTATE in UPDATE VOLHISTORY

2000-11-06 14:37:54
Subject: Re: AW: ORMSTATE in UPDATE VOLHISTORY
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 14:37:08 -0500
>Is my understanding correct that
>DELETE VOLHISTORY TYPE=DBBACKUP TODATE=TODAY-7
>will delete all db backup volumes older then 7 days - ignoring the
>content of the LOCATION field?

It should do that, regardless of the Location value.

>Therefore I will have to sort out all deleted db backup tapes manually
>and return them to our robot?
>There seems to be no way to handle db backup tapes the way copy
>storage pool tapes are handled - right?

Indeed, DBbackup tapes are outside the storage pool regimen and facilities.
One suspects that the Volhistory mechanism is as primitive as it is so
as to instill the desire to acquire the DRM component.
(There is the competing product "AutoVault", at CodeRelief.com.
 Either way, it's $$$.)

>Thanks a lot for clearing up this mystery!

You're welcome.  I filed a manauls update request to try to make it more
apparent what "ORMSTate" is.

    Richard Sims, BU