ADSM-L

Re: AW: Tivoli TMS (ADSM) vs Veritas Netbackup

2000-11-03 13:34:31
Subject: Re: AW: Tivoli TMS (ADSM) vs Veritas Netbackup
From: "Burkhart, Damon" <DBurkhar AT KMART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:34:02 -0500
The resolution for problems I have seen with Veritas' BackupExec tends to
make anything they do somewhat suspect in my eyes.  Admittedly, I took over
an implementation project which was supposed to be already to roll out for
install, but the hidden pitfalls and continuing issues are a pain.  ADSM has
proven to be more reliable and stable than the WinNT servers that I have to
support, and has often been the key to identifying problems on the servers
(NIC settings, hung servers, out of memory messages, etc.).

Damon Burkhart
Operations Analyst
Server Operations
Kmart Corporation