ADSM-L

Re: Memory Sizing for ADSM/TSM

2015-10-04 17:26:31
Subject: Re: Memory Sizing for ADSM/TSM
From: Richard Sims [mailto:rbs AT BU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>    We currently have two 60 GB ADSM databases on IBM H50s with 1GB of
>memory each.  We have to
>add more memory on the systems due to performance issues.  Our database
will
>keep growing
>and will probably be at 80GB within the next 3 to 6 months.  The amount of
>memory to purchase
>is still up in the air.  I would like to hear from other sites with large
>adsm databases on their
>hardware setup.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Marco - The basic rule for servers is to buy as much memory as you can
        afford and your system will support.  1 GB isn't a lot more than
many
people buy for just workstations these days, and servers need substantial
amounts to assure caching.  And you are talking a very big database.
   Richard Sims, BU