ADSM-L

Re: Novell Netware Client

2000-11-02 16:00:53
Subject: Re: Novell Netware Client
From: Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORY DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:59:46 -0500
Thanks for the clarification.  I have delved through the manuals and
found the necessary information.  I was apprehensive of granting any
administrator privileges to my ADSM server, but can live with granting
the "client access privilege" to the necessary nodes/admin ids.

The info was not in my ADSM 3.1 manuals, I had to go look in the TSM
3.7 manuals.  That is what helped with the confusion.

Again, thanks.

-Tom
>>> Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT Staff.Ednet.NS DOT Ca> 11/02/00 03:08PM
>>> Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT Staff.Ednet.NS DOT Ca> 11/02/00 03:08PM

Novell/NT/Linux/AIX all have an http gui if you run dsmcad. Novell
doesn't have
dsm or dsmadmc.

Try running dsmcad on AIX and the ADSM/TSM Client Acceptor service on
NT and
then connect to port 1581 on these boxes. You will see that it is
identical to
the dsmcad that is running on Novell.

What you are describing as a problem is the way it is suppossed to
work. There
is no dsm for Netware.

Quoting Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT Emory DOT org>:

> AIX has the dsmc backup/archive command line, as does Novell.  NT
has
> the command line dsmc and the qui dsm as does AIX.  The dsmadmc is
the
> admin command line in AIX.
>
> The display in the Novell http gui looks the same as the dsm in NT,
and
> NT does not require the administrator account.
>
> I guess I will call IBM/Tivoli.
>
> -Tom

> Yes but all backup/archive clients running on dsmcad require a user
> log in
> as. I just tried on AIX and it works the same way.
>
> Quoting Tom Melton <Tom_Melton AT EMORY DOT ORG>:
>
> > This is not the admin client, this is the backup/archive client.
> >
> > -Tom

> > Why not create an account that only has rights to that one client
> node?
> > This is
> > not just related to Netware as all the dsmcad clients operate this
> way
> > as far as
> > I know.

Staff Sig...