ADSM-L

Re: schedule daemon and password

2000-11-02 12:25:00
Subject: Re: schedule daemon and password
From: Phillip Guan <pguan AT SANSIA DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:26:01 -0800
Thanks Joshua, Serge and Nick;

The "Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle for UNIX Installation and User's
Guide Version 2 Release 1"
(SH26-4112-00) says the 'passwordaccess' MUST set to 'PROMPT' on page 20! Do
you think that is wrong? Actually we have two different option files and do
as Serge said except the 'passwordaccess'.

I also tried to put the 'nohup' command in a file and run it and find out it
is still shown the command when I issue 'ps -ef' command; I tried Nick's,
the result is same as Joshua's:

------ ps output ----
33450  pts/1  0:00 dsmc sched -password -optfile=dsm.opt
33450  pts/1  0:00 dsmc sched -password -optfile=dsm.opt
This is on an AIX system and out client says it shows the real password on
This is on an AIX system and out client says it shows the real password on
their Solaris system!!!???. I guess this is more like a shell programming
question.

Thanks all for your help!

Regards,
Phillip Guan