ADSM-L

Re: Novell 4.1 forced full backup

2000-11-02 11:49:52
Subject: Re: Novell 4.1 forced full backup
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:41:48 -0500
>1) delete the existing filespaces off the *SM server, but that would
>leave you in jeopardy in the event you lose a disk on the NetWare box
>and hadn't yet backed up the client,

Or use Rename Filespace to keep the old one for a while.
Alternately, if you can rename the volume whose contents you are
sending, or use a variant node name, that would do it.

>I am not the administrator of the ADSM server so any fiddling
>with the DB is probably outta the question.

You should be able to request the server administrator to assist
in any regard.  Common business objectives, and all that.

  Richard Sims, BU