ADSM-L

Novell 4.1 forced full backup

2015-10-04 17:26:31
Subject: Novell 4.1 forced full backup
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi,

Sorry for the seeming simplicity of this question.  We have been getting
good incremental backups through the command line scheduler.  We have been
running these backups in parallel with existing production backups with
Cheyenne Arcserve.  We are going to throw away the Arcserve and want to move
DSM into production.  Is there a way to force a full backup (not an archive)
and start from scratch when the system has been running well for several
weeks?  I want to back up every file and do incrementals from then on
without regard to previous DSM backups.  I am not the administrator of the
ADSM server so any fiddling with the DB is probably outta the question.
Thanks for your help!

-Don Hyde