ADSM-L

Re: Oracle Database Query

2000-11-02 10:12:03
Subject: Re: Oracle Database Query
From: Keith Roshto <keith-roshto AT RELIANTENERGY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:11:34 -0600
Good idea to read the doc, but shortly:

RMAN does not backup online redo logs, only archived redo logs.
RMAN never backs up software, administrative scripts, init files, or
password files.

With the mountpoints, and directories setup, as well as restorations of
those items mentioned above, RMAN should have no problem restoring and
recovering a database provided proper incremental backups and archived logs
are available.

KRoshto

Steve and Hilda Harris <sjharris AT OZEMAIL.COM DOT AU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
11/01/2000 07:51:21 AM