ADSM-L

Re: what is dsmserv.dsk

2000-09-30 14:07:20
Subject: Re: what is dsmserv.dsk
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 11:04:01 -0700
Actually the problem he's having is a well known installation bug with 3.7.0
I'm willing to bet. If you install the server software on AIX and let the
system expand /usr for you to make room for the installation, it will fail
every time and that's exactly the error you'll get. You need to remove the
filesets, remove the /usr/Tivoli directory (and all subdirs in that
directory), make your /usr filesystem sufficiently big to accommodate the
installation (I go for 100MB usually), and then install it. I think you'll
find it all comes up nicely after that.

Incidently I tried 4.1.0 for the first time yesterday and had the exact same
problem.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions