ADSM-L

Re: W2K backup missing a volume

2000-09-29 13:29:51
Subject: Re: W2K backup missing a volume
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:28:23 -0400
>But G: is clearly a LOCAL HARD DRIVE. ...
>Why did it skip G: ?  Is there a size issue ?

Maybe what we've seen in the past applies...

        This normally is a permissions problem.  Check the scheduler service via
        control panel / services.  See what account the service logs in as.  If
        it is the SYSTEM account, make sure that the D: drive has permissions
        for the SYSTEM account.  A lot of NT Administrators remove EVERYONE from
        the permissions, it also prevents the SYSTEM account from being able to
        do backups.

  Richard