ADSM-L

Oggetto: Checkout cartridge Scratch .

2000-09-29 13:20:19
Subject: Oggetto: Checkout cartridge Scratch .
From: Alessio Prodon <aprodon AT CENTROGESTIONE.G-NET DOT IT>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:19:06 +0200
Hi Juan

You cannot delete it if It  isn't in private  state.

before to Retry you must detect if any process are active.
Dismount the tape and then you retry.
Good luck!!

Alessio Prodon

Juan Fernando Meneses
<Juan_Fernando_Meneses_Osorio.BANCOLOMBIA AT BANCOLOMBIA.COM DOT CO> il
29/09/2000
16.37.33

Per favore, rispondere a "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Per:  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Cc:    (ccr: Alessio Prodon/Centro di Gestione/G-Net/IT)

Hi TSM-ers,
I have ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3 with a 3494 library and 2 3590- B11
drives.
After making Audit to a volume, supposedly the process finishes succesfull
and thanks to this it is able some data that were in that cartridge to move
.
The cartridge is with zero data and I make checkin to the cartridge ..
the cartridge is in state scratch but with problems for that the processes that
take it
failure .

adsm> q libv
Library Name    Volume Name    Status               Last Use     Home Element
------------    -----------    -----------------    ---------    ------------
3494LIB         040076         Scratch
3494LIB         040076         Scratch

adsm> checkout libv 3494lib 040076
ANR8442E CHECKOUT LIBVOLUME: Volume 040076 in library 3494LIB is currently in
use.
ANS8001I Return code 12.

adsm> del volume 040076
ANR2401E DELETE VOLUME: Volume 040076 is not defined in a storage pool.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

Hope this help...........     Juan Fernando Meneses
                         TSM-BANCOLOMBIA