ADSM-L

Checkout cartridge Scratch .

2000-09-29 13:12:49
Subject: Checkout cartridge Scratch .
From: Juan Fernando Meneses <Juan_Fernando_Meneses_Osorio.BANCOLOMBIA AT BANCOLOMBIA.COM DOT CO>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:37:33 -0500
Hi TSM-ers,
I have ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3 with a 3494 library and 2 3590- B11
drives.
After making Audit to a volume, supposedly the process finishes succesfull
and thanks to this it is able some data that were in that cartridge to move
.
The cartridge is with zero data and I make checkin to the cartridge ..
the cartridge is in state scratch but with problems for that the processes that
take it
failure .

adsm> q libv
Library Name    Volume Name    Status               Last Use     Home Element
------------    -----------    -----------------    ---------    ------------
3494LIB         040076         Scratch
3494LIB         040076         Scratch

adsm> checkout libv 3494lib 040076
ANR8442E CHECKOUT LIBVOLUME: Volume 040076 in library 3494LIB is currently in
use.
ANS8001I Return code 12.

adsm> del volume 040076
ANR2401E DELETE VOLUME: Volume 040076 is not defined in a storage pool.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

Hope this help...........     Juan Fernando Meneses
                         TSM-BANCOLOMBIA