ADSM-L

Incr. Online SAP backup

2000-09-28 09:39:41
Subject: Incr. Online SAP backup
From: TSM TSM <tsmtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:38:31 EDT
Hi everybody,

Did anyone of tried incrementally backing up SAP R/3 DB online to TSM ?

I have been trying with rman_util  as the backup_devtype and I am getting
RMAN Errors which says can not create file (looks like control file) due to
RPC Error, and Oracle pops out a message ORA19624 which is I/O error. Do you
where this RMAN is trying create a file(temp. control file) As I know it
should create it in /tmp directory and this has proper write permission.

Thanks for any clues on this.

Shanta.