ADSM-L

Re: 9840 devclass configuration

2000-09-27 14:11:15
Subject: Re: 9840 devclass configuration
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:53:44 -0400
What is your server platform, what type of library?

Here is the DEVCONFIG from my AIX TSM server, STK 9710 robots with 9840
drives.
The ACSDRVID parm on the DRIVE definition is because we use ACSLS software
to drive the 9710 robots.
If you are having TSM drive the 9840's directly without using the ACSLS
software, you won't need the ACSDRVID parm.
Same for the LIBTYPE parm on the library definition.

FORMAT=9840C says use the drive hardware compression; FORMAT=9840 doesn't
use hardware compression.

/* Device Configuration */
DEFINE DEVCLASS STK9840 DEVTYPE=ECART FORMAT=9840C MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES
MOUNTWAIT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=0 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=STKLIB
DEFINE LIBRARY STKLIB LIBTYPE=ACSLS ACSID=0
DEFINE DRIVE STKLIB STK1MT0 DEVICE=/dev/mt0 ACSDRVID=0,0,2,0 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE STKLIB STK2MT1 DEVICE=/dev/mt1 ACSDRVID=0,0,2,1 ONLINE=Yes
etc.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert