ADSM-L

Re: Changing configuration to use 4 drives

2000-09-27 10:35:12
Subject: Re: Changing configuration to use 4 drives
From: Peter Sterencker <Peter.Sternecker AT RUV DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:34:14 +0200
Ken,

after upgrading the old drives from B to E
the definition of the drives in the library are still type 'B'.
So they don't mount any tape written in a new drive of type E for writing.
Delete the upgraded tape drives from the library and define them new.

You can observe that the ESTIMATE_CAPACITY_MB of tapes newly written
in the old drives are still 10GB instead of 20GB -
device class definition with Format=drive .

Remember to set all old 'B'-tapes to 'READONLY'.

Hope it helps

Peter Sternecker                        ZI-SB-ST-BS
R+V Versicherungs AG                    Tel: ++49 611 533-7042
John-F.-Kennedy-Str.1                   Fax: ++49 611 533-777042
D-65189 Wiesbaden                       EMail: Peter.Sternecker AT ruv DOT de