ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery Test.

2000-09-27 09:45:47
Subject: Disaster Recovery Test.
From: Shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre.B AT BAYER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:44:41 -0400
Hi all , going for firstever DR test at Sunguard ,
here is what i have collected  for test .

1. mksysb tapes .
2.  TSM database tapes , and  all offsite (copypool tapes).
3. savevg of tsm  (i have a volume group called tsm  for tivoli)
4. disaster recovery plan file  (hard copy and soft copy , sample awk script to
break it down.)
5. ACSLS is configured on Sun so , for the same ufsdump tapes
6. AIX , SUn Slorais , and ACSLS , installation media .
7. out puts of lsvg, lsvg -l vgnames , df , lsdev- Cc disks , lsdev- Cc tape,
lscfg , lsattr -El mem0 , lsps -a , lsattr -El en0.
   same for the sun .out put of dsm.sys , dsm.opt ,dsmserv.opt      I know they
will be in rootvg ,but precaution is better than cure   :-)
8. chapter  25 of Admin Guide .
9. medem configured on RS/6000 inhouse if any info regarding configuration
required from sungurad then can dial up and get it.

My plan .
1. Install  AIX from mksysb .
2. create all volume groups , logical volumes and file systems. from output of
all the commands in step 7
3. restore tsmvg  from savevg  .
4. confiure library , smitty devices , tapes etc..
5 copy recovery plan file from floppy  to any directory , and break with awk
script
6. run each script

STK and ACSLS PART.

Install SUn from CD`S  , install ACSLS in case ufsdump won`t work ,  have taken
backup of ACSLS ,
connect STK9710 scsi cable to sun --probe -scsi -all
configure ACSLS , restore ACSLS backup (This i have tested in house it works ,
but have to test with STK9710 connected)

put all DRM  in silo , and try restoring data .

where  all you will suggest me changes with your  experiance with Disaster
recovery . and where  all you have faced problems .
what procedure is most time consuming ?  so that i can prepare , having more 5
days .
any troubleshooting experiance?did i forgot something to take with me..

Thanks
Shekhar.

.