ADSM-L

Re: TDP AIX/HP support for Oracle 8.1.6

2000-09-27 09:16:58
Subject: Re: TDP AIX/HP support for Oracle 8.1.6
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:16:30 -0400
Hi Eric,

On the Tivoli web pages, under the REQUIREMENTS link it does say that TDP
2.1.10 for Oracle supports 8.1.6 on AIX and HP.

http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/adagent.htm.

My ORacle guy got TDP 2.1.10 installed with Oracle 8.1.6 on AIX two days
ago.  There is a problem where the messages catalog ends up unavailable.
It's in one of the api directories instead of the TDP directory where TDP
looks for it.   We just made a copy. (We had the same problem with the 2.1.7
Connect Agent).

And, the install directories have changed from /usr/adsm* to /usr/tivoli*,
just like the other clients, so you have to change any scripts with
pathnames in them.  No other obvious problems, but 8.1.6 is still in test
here, it's a low use system (we wouldn't be likely to notice any subtle
problems.)

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert