ADSM-L

SAP R3 and MAX_SESSION

2000-09-26 13:10:12
Subject: SAP R3 and MAX_SESSION
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:11:17 +0200
Hello,

1. question :
I did test with TDP for R3 ( 2.7 ) on NT ( SAP 3.1 ) , TSM client 3.7.2 and
TSM server OS/390 3.7.3.
I set up R3 client for 8 parallel sessions to disk storage pool consisting
from 5 volumes , disk pool
is linked to tape pool - after start of SAP backup one session went into
media wait and all tapes ( 2 )
assignet to tape pool mounted medias (  I understand it 7 session - 5 to
disk , 2 to tape ) .
I decreased MAX_SESSIONS to 4 and everything run OK - 4 parallel session ,
no tape mounts .
Do i need separate disk storage pool volume for every session ?

2. question :
How is backint parametr -w  verify handled by TDP for R3 ?

Yours

Petr Prerost

e-mail pprerost AT htd DOT cz