ADSM-L

Changing configuration to use 4 drives

2015-10-04 17:27:38
Subject: Changing configuration to use 4 drives
From: Ken Chamberlain [mailto:ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We've just upgraded our 2 3590 B drives to 3590 E drives and added 2 new E
drives.
The new drives are available according to "lsdev -C".  The new drives have
been defined to ADSM via "define drive"  and set to "online=yes".  We've
upped the mountpoints parameter of the 3590 devclass to 4.  But when we try
to use all 4 drives simultaneously we get ANR8447E
"No drives are currently available in library <our library name>" and mounts
fail after the first two mounts.

Somewhere I've missed configuration to allow 4 drives to be used
simultaneously.  Any ideas?

Ken Chamberlain
University of Toronto
Phone:(416) 978-1582
Fax:  (416) 971-2085
E-mail: ken.chamberlain AT utoronto DOT ca