ADSM-L

Deleting tapes from DRM?

2000-09-25 13:15:33
Subject: Deleting tapes from DRM?
From: Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:13:30 -0700
Here's the deal, we've got tons of tapes offsite, that are recalled daily as
the data expires, and tapes are reclaimed.  Unfortunately, we've ran out of
space inside of the tape library, and are unable to put the tapes back in,
and the tapes are sitting beside the library.

Each day, a list is generated of tapes to be returned, using the following
command:
select volume_name from drmedia where state='VAULTRETRIEVE'.
Unfortunately, it keeps asking for the tapes that we can't put back in the
library, which is a pain in the butt for both myself and the tape courier.

I have tried the following command, but it does not seem to be working:
MOVE DRMEDIA 012345 wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve

How can I delete these tapes, or otherwise appease the
machine, so it stops asking for them?