ADSM-L

Re: Another ADSM capacity question

2000-09-20 14:14:17
Subject: Re: Another ADSM capacity question
From: Daniel Swan/TM <Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:13:20 -0700
Brian, your SQL statement worked like a charm, however, I am having trouble
reconciling the difference between the following outputs, which I think
should be the same:

adsm> select total_MB from auditocc where node_name='U1_APPS'

TOTAL_MB
-----------
7396917
7396917

---AND---
adsm> select node_name, cast(sum(capacity * (PCT_UTIL/100))as decimal (9,0))
adsm> select node_name, cast(sum(capacity * (PCT_UTIL/100))as decimal (9,0))
as percent_utilized from filespaces group by node_name order by
percent_utilized

<SNIP>
U1_APPS                          473461

How do I reconcile these differences, and which is a more accurate picture
of how much space is being taken up on my ADSM server?