ADSM-L

NT Permissions and Restore

2000-09-20 08:38:00
Subject: NT Permissions and Restore
From: "Mayo, Bill" <bemayo AT CO.PITT.NC DOT US>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:22:07 -0400
I am trying to figure out if there is any way to allow a non-administrator
account to restore files from ADSM to an NT server.  I am the network
administrator and have previously handled this.  Our Operations group is
going to take this over, and I have added them to the Backup Operators group
in NT.  However, from the literature and from a test, it appears that this
is insufficient to restore from ADSM, although it works with a local NT
backup.  For security and confidentiality reasons, I am not looking to make
them Administrators of all these machines.  Is there a workaround, or is it
absolutely required to either be an admin or have specific priveleges to
restore a file in NT?

Thanks,
Bill Mayo
Pitt County MIS