ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and SQL-Backtrack

2000-09-18 15:00:28
Subject: Re: ADSM and SQL-Backtrack
From: "David M. Hendrix" <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:00:30 -0500
Lu Ann,

Backtrack uses the ADSM API and therefore using the BA GUI will yield
nothing.  You can compile and use the sample API program included with the
client and use that as a text interface to view objects, or, you can use
the show versions command from the server admin interface.

30,000 objects seems quite a bit.  I'm sure it depends on your retention
and # data files.  Check the # generations that your DBAs have set to make
sure everything is okay.  Also make sure the management class you have them
bound to has:

vere=1 verd=0 rete=0 reto=0

This allows the backtrack software to correctly control versioning.
Otherwise, you'll have objects that take much longer to expire than what
you might have envisioned.

David Hendrix

Lu Ann Mezera <L.Mezera AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 09/18/2000
12:03:13 PM