ADSM-L

Cut MVS CPU Utilization

2000-09-18 11:47:22
Subject: Cut MVS CPU Utilization
From: Darlene E Wnukowski <Darlene.Wnukowski AT SFICORP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:30:00 -0500
Good news! I have been running for a week with rewritten ADSM backup scripts
and my CPU utilization has not gone above 10% of our 7060-H50. Most of the
time it's under 5%. I rewrote my daily ADSM backup scripts to remove the
parameter "wait=yes". I had to break the scripts up to do one command in each
and check for the completion of the previous task before issuing another
command or running another script, but it worked!! I am willing to send copies
of the scripts I am running to you if requested. Neither I nor my company are
warranting them but you are free to adapt them to your needs.

Darlene E. Wnukowski
Lead Systems Programmer
Schreiber Foods, Inc.
darlene AT sficorp DOT com
920-455-6268

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify Postmaster AT sficorp DOT com.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.