ADSM-L

Re: Migration to new tape devices

2000-09-15 11:15:31
Subject: Re: Migration to new tape devices
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:06:43 -0400
Tom,

I would do this;

set the diskpool to go directly to tape2 (upd stg disk1 nextpool=tape2).

Set the reclaimstgpool on tape1;  this is a feature that was added
in version 3.  It directs reclaim output to another pool
(upd stg tape1 reclaimstgpool=tape2).

There is no nextpool parameter for copypools.  Direct your
'ba stg' commands to the newpool.  I don't know of anyway to
transfer the copies from off1 to off2. You have to re-backup all your
onsite data into off2 and then just delete off1.

It would be well worth your time to sit down with the admin ref & guide
and read about managing storagepools in the guide
and 'define stg' in the admin ref.

Hope this helps,

--