ADSM-L

Difficulty defining HP DLT 6/100 library

2000-09-13 10:51:34
Subject: Difficulty defining HP DLT 6/100 library
From: Patrick Tjon-a-sam <Patrick.Tjon-a-Sam AT MAIL.RVS DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:29:07 +0100
Hi TSM'ers - I'm in the process of setting up a HP Surestore E DLT 6/100 SCSI
library, and am having problems getting TSM to recognize it.
Our environment is as follows:
Windows/NT 4.0 (SP6.0a) TSM server is 3.7.3.0.
HP Surestore E DLT8000 6/100 library.
Library is connected to Fiber channel adapter (TSM server and library).

The TSM server utilitie sees the library, and the drives.
 When I attempt to define the library like so: tsm: >define library tapelib
libtype=scsi device=lb29.0.1.5. This is what I get back: ANR8300E I/O error on
library tapelib (OP=8401C050, CC=321, KEY=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF, SENSE=**NONE**,
Description=An undetermined error has occurred). Refer to Appendix B in the
'Messages' manual for recommended action. 12-09-2000 16:59:49 ANR8418E DEFINE
LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library tapelib.

 Has anyone successfully set up one of these libraries?
 Thanks in advance Patrick.

ATTENTION:
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.