ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:27:37

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I somehow missed that this was a cluster. Yes, when
CLUSTERNODE YES is in effect, the cluster name is used to
generate the filespace name. However, it is not derived
from the /clustername:xxxx option in the service definition.
Instead, the client gets the cluster name via the Win32
API function GetClusterInformation(). The reason you need
to specify it when running dsmcutil.exe is because the
dsmcutil.exe utility can also be used to configure remote
machines. Figuring out the local cluster name is easy, but
figuring out the cluster name for a remote machine is a
little more difficult. It is possible, but we just have not
got to it yet. So for now we are leaving it to the user to
specify the cluster name. Just make sure you are using the
correct name for the cluster.

You should be able to back up cluster resources using the
GUI as long as you have CLUSTERNAME YES in the options file,
and the machine on which you are running the GUI owns the
cluster resources you want to back up. Thus if you are
running the GUI on NODE2, but NODE1 owns the resources, then
you can not back them up. If you are running the GUI on
NODE2 and NODE2 owns the resources, then you should be able
to back them up. If not, then I would recommend opening a
problem with Service so that we an diagnose the problem.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi Andy,

when I backup this drive (t$) by scheduler the filespacename is
created using the clustername (derived from the /clustername:xxxx option
in the service definition) as \\xxx\t$.
As I cannot specify the clustername when I use the GUI I therefore cannot
backup cluster drives using the GUI.
Is this understanding correct? Or how would you suggest backing up cluster
drives via the GUI?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG