ADSM-L

Restore of Inactive System Objects on W2K

2000-09-06 10:28:52
Subject: Restore of Inactive System Objects on W2K
From: Tricia Jiang <Tricia_Jiang AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:13:42 -0700
HI Tim,

I stand corrected.  I checked with development and found out that although MS
doesn't have a coordinated snapshot system state backup/restore (until
Whistler),  we are working on the ability to restore inactive versions of pieces
of system state (analogous to the way we're doing backup).  This new
functionality should be available in our next major release (date not yet
announced).

Regards,  Tricia Jiang

When asked when the restore of Inactive System Objects would be supported,
Tricia Jiang from Tivoli (at the International Storage Systems Symposium)
replied "Never".

I guess I will have to rely on Microsoft Backup for this feature??

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
trushfor AT city.winnipeg.mb DOT ca